Athens, Ga – TSAV had the honor of being a part of the $40 million expansion of Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall. The athletic facility, located at 1 Selig Circle off South Lumpkin Street, is the home of UGA football and headquarters of the UGA Athletic Association.
The original Butts-Mehre building was dedicated in the spring of 1987 and was named after two of Georgia’s most famous football coaches, Wallace Butts and Harry Mehre. The expansion project of the football facilities added approximately 53,000 square feet of new space.
Highlights of the Butts-Mehre project include:
• football team segment and position meeting rooms with state-of-the-art technology;
• a multi-purpose room with synthetic turf that can be used for walkthroughs and staging;
• a 12,000-square-foot strength and conditioning area with new equipment;
• an 8,500-square-foot athletic training area that includes four therapy pools, an X-ray area and two physician examination rooms;
• new football coaches offices, including dedicated conference rooms and a video editing suite;
• a 1,900-square-foot student-athlete lounge, including televisions, game stations, recliners, sofas and home-theater style chairs;
• new connection to the third-floor museum with an expanded second-floor trophies and awards display area;
• graphics throughout the building trumpeting Georgia’s academic and athletic success;
• a sand-based practice field with improved drainage and irrigation systems to be completed in May; and,
• an underground cistern that will retain 115,000 gallons of rainwater for use in field irrigation.
Click here for more information about Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall and UGA athletics.
audio visual service,
audio visual services,
audio visual companies,
audio visual solutions,
audio visual integration,
university of georgia athletic association,
tsav athens ga